If you're looking to get into a gathering or crafting in Final Fantasy XIV, you're in the right place. This guide will focus on how to unlock all crafting and gathering jobs, level up them, and some advanced tips.
How to unlock all crafting and gathering jobs in Final Fantasy XIV?
Players can unlock crafting and gathering jobs to help make the game's economy go around, as follows:
1. Complete your level 10 class quest
When starting as a brand new player, you select your initial class, which determines your starter city in either Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, or Gridania. As you level up, you have your main scenario quests for the story and your class quests. Completing your level 10 class quests allows you to unlock other jobs, including crafting and gathering jobs.
Then it's just a matter of finding each job's starter NPC, talking to them, and completing their quest, which rewards you with a primary tool. Equipping this primary tool will change your job accordingly. Switching between devices allows you to switch between jobs simultaneously, just like with different weapons for battle jobs.
2. Accept job quests by speaking with the NPCs at each guild
1). Disciple of the Hand (Crafters)
• Alchemist: Ul'dah, Steps of Thal. "Way of the Alchemist" from Deitrich (X:9, Y:13).
• Armorer: Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks. "Way of the Armorer" from G’wahnako (X:10, Y:15).
• Blacksmith: Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks. "Way of the Blacksmith" from Randwulf (X:10, Y:15).
• Carpenter: New Gridania. "Way of the Carpenter" from Corgg (X:10.8, Y:12.1).
• Culinarian: Limsa Lominsa, Upper Decks. "Way of the Culinarian" from Charlys (X:9, Y:7).
• Goldsmith: Ul'dah, Steps of Thal. "Way of the Goldsmith" from Jemime (X:10, Y:13).
• Leatherworker: Old Gridania. "Way of the Leatherworker" from Randall (X:12.5, Y:8.3).
• Weaver: Ul'dah, Steps of Thal. "Way of the Weaver" from Maronne (X:13, Y:13).
2). Disciple of the Land (Gatherers)
• Botanist: Old Gridania. "Way of the Botanist" from Leonceault (X:6, Y:8).
• Fisher: Limsa Lominsa, Lower Decks. "Way of the Fisher" from N'nmulika (X:7, Y:14).
• Miner: Ul'dah, Steps of Thal. "Way of the Miner" from Linette (X:11, Y:14).
To reach the guilds outside your starter city, you'll need to continue with your main scenario quests. The level 15 quests will allow you to travel to Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, and Gridania. After attuning to the paramount aetheryte crystals in each city, you can freely teleport around in exchange for a small sum of Final Fantasy XIV Gil.
How to level up your gatherers and crafters quickly in Final Fantasy XIV?
Leveling crafter and gatherers can take a lot of time in Final Fantasy XIV. Here are our methods on how to do it quickly.
• For Gatherers: head to the diadem, gather everything available to you, and don't forget to use your sparkling explosive Aether launcher to get more materials. Once out of the diadem you can then appraise your materials. These materials can then be sold to other players or used for leveling your crafters.
• For Crafters: Crafters in the Firmament is where the fun was for me. I got 80 quickly while earning quite a lot of rewards or items a while ago doing that with one of my crafters.
You'll need a significant number of materials, many of which come from the Diadem. You can farm these with your crafters if you wish.
But which one do you need? To check that, you can either open your crafting log, head to Special Recipes > Ishgard Restoration, and then click on Restoration (4), or talk to Potkin in the Firmament (X: 12.2 Y: 14.5).
Once you're here, you'll have both the list of items you need to craft and the materials required. Starting from the bottom to the top (Expert recipes are not necessary), you will be able to level up your crafter very quickly — as long as you have the required materials.
Doing this will also award you coupons of fortune to play the Gacha game with the NPC, just on the right of Potkin, and get more rewards.
Again, this technique demands gear and materials but is a quick way to get your crafters to level 80.
FFXIV: Advanced Crafting and Gathering Tips
Here are some tips and tricks for leveling crafting and gathering classes:
So, I went around gathering the logs from every node. On my most recent trip, I gathered over 490 Elm logs. For those flipping Botany progress back into Carpenter, logs are your target item, whether you are burning through the levels or just doing a few here and there.
Levels 5, 10, and 15 nodes for logs are located in Central Shroud and Northern Shroud. There are a few locations, so wander around with Triangulate up and look for them. When you find a node, you have to discover the item by gathering it once successfully, and then you can start farming it.
Crafting seems more complicated than it is. For the most part, every craft has base material synths, which can speed the craft level like the logs from Botany used for Carpentry. Three of the same log are used to make lumber of that wood type.
You can skip all the other items on your crafting log and focus solely on these base material crafts. Firstly, it's less clutter in your bag than crafting log spamming creates, which is nice since you can burn through some bag space like crazy. The second reason for this method does not need to spend the Gil to level up.
Final Fantasy XIV: Is Crafting and Gathering Worth it?
According to Reddit's r/ffxiv thread, Crafting early in the game is essential to the endgame's attributes and progression of the economy. The early game crafting can help bring new gears necessary to innovations and "glamours" that will appear in-game.
I hope this guide was of some use regarding crafting and gathering. Also, if you have any comments, concerns, or questions, leave them in the comments section below.