Final Fantasy XIV Chocobo is a mount, as well as a companion for players. But how do you get it and make it your companion? The focus of this short article is to tell you how to get your first Chocobo Mount and how to make it your companion in Final Fantasy XIV.
FFXIV: How to Get a Chocobo Mount?
To unlock and acquire their first Chocobo, they must meet a handful of requirements that they must meet.
1. Get to Level 20
Just reach level 20. With the streamlined quest chain, increased experience gains, and better dungeon loot, this shouldn't be much of an issue. Stick to the Main Scenario and use the Duty Finder to clear the three dungeons the story throws at you around level 15, and you'll reach 20 in little time.
2. Progress through the Main Scenario Quests far enough to join a Grand Company
As you progress through the game's main story, you will come across the three Grand Companies that you can join. To be exact as to when they will be available, you must finish the Ember Trials that lets you defeat the primal Ifrit. As soon as you finish that mission, you will go through a series of quests that will allow you to join one of the three Grand Companies: Limsa Lominsa has The Maelstrom, Ul'dah the Immortal Flames, and Gridania the Order of Twin Adder.
3. Complete the quest My Little Chocobo
Regardless of what Grand Company you joined, you will have a quest that will allow you to get a Chocobo mount. After enlisting to any of the three Grand Companies, talk to the Commander, and he'll give you a quest.
1). Maelstrom: To join the Maelstrom, head to the Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X: 13.1 Y: 12.8) and talk to R'ashaht Rhiki after signing on to grab "My Little Chocobo."
2). Immortal Flames: The Immortal Flames can be found in Ul'dah at the Steps of Nald (X: 8.4 Y: 8.9); talk to Swift after joining in grabbing the quest.
3). Twin Adder: If you want to join the best Grand Company, then head to New Gridania and speak with Vorsaile Heuloix (X: 9.7 Y: 11.1) once you've enlisted with the Twin Adder.
To complete this quest, players need to purchase Chocobo Issuance for 200 Company Seals. This shouldn't take more than about 30 minutes. You can obtain the Company Seals through FATEs, Grand Company Hunting Logs, Grand Company Leves, supply, and provisions quests. We recommend FATEs or Hunting Log missions as the quickest methods.
Once you have 200 seals, grab the Chocobo Issuance, then follow the quest marker towards the Chocobo Stable in your city. You'll receive a Chocobo Whistle, and after using it, you'll name your Chocobo. Ta-da, you're done and have a Chocobo to carry you across Eorzea and beyond.
Note: Even if you buy a mount from the Mogstation, you will not be able to ride it until you complete My Little Chocobo.
FFXIV: How to Make Your Chocobo a Companion?
To take your Chocobo from a useful mount to a trusted companion, you'll need to do another quest. It's called My Feisty Little Chocobo.
1. My Feisty Little Chocobo Requirements
• You must be at least Level 30.
• You must have completed "My Little Chocobo" (For the Chocobo mount).
2. How to complete the "My Feisty Little Chocobo" quest?
Once you have a Chocobo, you can turn it into a battle companion via the level 30 quest My Feisty Chocobo from Docette at South Shroud X: 17, Y: 28.
3. Where do you buy Gysahl Greens?
As your companion, your Chocobo will join you on the field of combat for 30 minutes after you've fed it Gysahl Greens. Therefore, you will need to acquire Gysahl Greens during the quest, which most merchants sell in settlements and near town Aetherytes. Here's a basic example of where to buy'em:
• Gridania: Maisenta – Vendor NW of Aetheryte Plaza
• Limsa Lomania: Bango Zango – Only vendor in Aetheryte Plaza
• Ul'dah: Roarich – Vender SE of Aetheryte Plaza, Ruby Road Exchange
4. What can you do with your Chocobo once you've fully made it into your companion?
Familiarize yourself with the Companion menu in the Character tab in the miscellaneous menu options at the bottom of the screen. There are a few things you can do with your Chocobo once you've fully made it into your companion.
• Bring it into battle — Feed it Gysahl Greens, and it will join you on the field. You do not really need to do any directing for your Chocobo.
• Dress it up — You have three slots on your Chocobo for cosmetics. One for the head, one for the body, and one for the legs. These are called bardings and are obtained via content or just buying them off the market board.
• Teach it skills — You can teach your Chocobo some combat abilities via the Skills tab in the Companion menu. Most of these are passive stat increases, but there are some actives. Choose what you like. There's no meta for your bird.
• Dye it — This requires a Chocobo stable, which you will either need an apartment or a Free Company with a house to do. If you do, use this Chocobo color calculator to determine the order of fruits to get the desired color.
Do you want a Chocobo in FFXIV? Follow the steps of the guide! Also, for a better gaming experience, in addition to getting a mount, you'll need to stock up on FFXIV Gil via ffxiv4gil.com to help you equip yourself to destroy huge monsters and win.