There's something precious and rare in Final Fantasy XIV, and it's housing. However, getting a house can be difficult because it's tough to obtain, not only due to its price but also because of rare opportunities. But we're here to help with some handy tips and tricks for getting your dream property.
What are the requirements for buying a house in Final Fantasy XIV?
First, you must bear in mind that to buy a house in the game, you will need to meet the following requirements:
• Position yourself at level 50.
• Obtain the rank of Second Lieutenant or above with your Great Company.
• Complete the Stormblood mission "Not without incident."
• With this in mind, you can only buy one personal home on each server per account.
How to get a house on Final Fantasy XIV?
Here is how to get a house in FF XIV, step by step:
1). Complete the quest that offers access to the district of your choice.
There are four housing districts: the leafy Lavender Beds near Gridania, the beach neighborhood of the Mist near Limsa Lominsa, the desert spa of the Goblet near Ul'dah, and the hot springs of Shirogane near Doma.
To reach these areas first, you need to unlock them by talking to an NPC for each area and do a quick quest.
• Lavender beds: Speak to Margeria at Bentbranch Meadows in Central Shroud
• Goblet: Speak to Imme at Scorpion Crossing in Western Thanalan
• Mist: Speak to Ahctkoen at the Red Rooster Stead in Lower La Noscea
• Shirogane: Speak to Tsurubami in Kugane (You need to have reached the Stormblood expansion to unlock this area)
2). Head to the officer of the district of your choice.
3). Interact with them and select the "Go to specified ward. (Review Tabs)" option.
4). Check every ward and its subsections to see if there is a plot available.
5). If you see a price in white instead of the owner's name, it means that the plot is available for purchase. Click on the ward number and head to the plot's location.
6). Once there, click on the placard and verify that it's available for purchase. Oftentimes, it won't be available straight away due to a hidden timer, and you'll have to click as fast as possible to be the first to buy it. There will usually be a group of people waiting at the front of the placard, too (if not, you're fortunate).
7). If you were able to purchase it, you'd see the notification "Land Acquired," and you'll be able to start building the house.
8). Now you've secured the plot, you'll need to grab a construction permit to actually build on it.
Go to the Social menu and drop down to 'Housing' and then 'Estate Hall' —from here, you can buy a permit and the building style you want, such as stone or wood.
9). Next, select 'Build Estate Hall,' and your building is complete.
• It's generally advised to try and buy a small plot in the Goblet (Ul'dah) for starters, which is the less sought-after district and the cheapest option.
• Low-activity server hours will increase your chances of getting a house. Many players wake up at around 3 am local time and check free plots every hour until 8 am to increase their chances.
• The other ideal moment to try it out is after introducing patches that added more plots to grab.
Are there other ways to get a house in Final Fantasy XIV?
1). It's also possible to use a Free Company house. There are numerous rooms inside that can be obtained by company members for 300,000 FFXIV Gil.
2). It's easier to get an apartment, too, but it costs 500,000 Gil and offers similar benefits to owning a room in your Free Company's house.
3). It's also possible to share an estate with up to three friends, so it can be a good idea to team up with friends to increase your chances of purchasing a plot and get help with furnishing.
That's all you have to know about how to get a house in Final Fantasy XIV so that you can get your house as quickly as possible after completing the game. Certainly, you can also find other FFXIV guides, tips, and updates at our ffxiv4gil.com.