Like Final Fantasy XIV Gil, MGP is also the currency, but it is much harder to get and requires a lot of time to find and complete the relevant challenges. The following are the best ways to farm MGP in Final Fantasy XIV Online, and with a little luck, you'll be racking up MGP in no time.
The most common way for getting MGP in Final Fantasy XIV is to complete the various Gold Saucer challenges the game hands you. You can check out all of these challenges, and their MGP reward, below:
• Complete 3 Mini-Games (1,000 MGP)
• Earn 100 MGP from Mini-Games (1,500 MGP)
• Participate in 5 GATEs (5,000 MGP)
• Successfully Complete 3 GATEs (8,000 MGP)
• Enter 3 Chocobo Races (5,000 MGP)
• Enter 20 Chocobo Races (8,000 MGP)
• Play Triple Triad 10 Times (5,000 MGP)
• Win 10 Triple Triad Matches (8,000 MGP)
• Play 5 Triple Triad Matches in the Battlehall (2,500 MGP)
• Win 3 Triple Triad Matches in the Battlehall (3,000 MGP)
• Play Lord of Verminion 1 Times (5,000 MGP)
• Play Lord of Verminion 3 Times (10,000 MGP)
• Play Lord of Verminion 5 Times (12,000 MGP)
• Participate in 2 Doman Mahjong Player Matches (5,000 MGP)
Weekly Fashion Report
Of the methods used to gain MGP, this is the easiest and quickest. The MGP reward for the Fashion Report is 60,000, and that can be boosted with the Gold Saucer VIP Card or an FC Gold Saucer MPG Boost.
The Jumbo Cactpot is a weekly lottery held in the Gold Saucer, and you can buy 3 tickets for 100 MGP, with the price going up by 50 for every ticket. Tickets are drawn every Saturday, and the lowest amount you can win is 1,000 MGP. But this scales up depending on the number of tickets bought for it by all players. It's an easy way to grab some MGP.
The Mini Cactpot is a daily scratch-off card that costs 10 MGP to play, and rewards range from 36 to 10,000 MGP. In addition, you can participate in the game three times a day.
GATEs (Weekly & Daily)
One of the more challenging but engaging ways to farm MGP in Final Fantasy XIV is to do GATE quests.
Here are the GATEs you can take part in and the MGP you can earn from them:
• Cliffhanger (3.000 MGP)
• Air Force One (4.000 MGP)
• Leap of Faith (4.000 MGP)
• Any Way the Wind Blows (7.500 MGP)
• The Slice is Right (5.000 MGP)
Triple Triad Matches (Weekly & Daily)
This is one of the easier ways to earn MGP in the game. Completing just the solo Triple Triad Matches will get you a minimum of 13,000 MGP, but the tournaments can get you up to 18,500 MGP. You can play Jonas of the Tree Spades in the Gold Saucer to knock out these challenges.
Chocobo Races (Weekly & Daily)
These races will spawn as weekly and daily events in the game. So long as you come in first, you can expect to walk away with plenty of MGP in your pockets.
Gold Saucer VIP Card
The Gold Saucer VIP card is a consumable that gives players a 2-hour buff that increases the amount of MGP they receive from the different tournaments, Chocobo races, Mini Games, GATES, Mini Cacptpot, and Jumbo Cactpot.
MGP can be spent by purchasing a great variety of items, including Triple Triad Cards, glamours, and mounts. Therefore, the more, the better! So what are some of your favorite ways of getting MGP? Let me know in the comments below!