The Giant Pumpkin in Final Fantasy XIV is a rare crafting ingredient that is also a key ingredient in Pumpkin Ratatouille and Pumpkin Potage, two of the best Master-level Recipes in the game. Here's what you need to know about how to get and use Giant Pumpkins in Final Fantasy XIV:
How to get Giant Pumpkins?
You won't find Giant Pumpkins in the wild or by searching for them through the typical gathering nodes. Instead, you will need to exchange Purple Scrips for them. To earn Purple Scrips, FFXIV fans must complete various high-level crafting and gathering activities. Such tasks include turning in Collectables at the Scrip Exchange NPCs located worldwide. Furthermore, there are several methods that players can implement in their farming methods to maximize the amount of Purple Scrips they earn. One such technique for Gatherers would be to equip Level 90 NQ gear purchasable from a vendor in Old Sharlayan and begin farming Purple Scrips in FFXIV to transition to Scrip equipment gradually.
1. Ways to Farm Purple Scrips in FFXIV
Here is a list of Level 90 nodes in Final Fantasy XIV where Gatherers can farm Purple Scrips for Giant Pumpkins:
• Rarefied Elder Nutmeg: harvestable from 12-2 AM/PM and is located north of Poeiten Oikos in Elpis
• Rarefied Eblan Alumen: harvestable from 2-4 AM/PM and is located north of Camp Broken Glass in Garlemald
• Rarefied Pewter Ore: harvestable from 4-6 AM/PM and is located south of Palakas Stand in Thavnir
• Rarefied Iceberg Lettuce: harvestable from 6-8 AM/PM and is located north of Aporia in Labyrinthos
• Rarefied AR-Caean Cotton Boll: harvestable from 8-10 AM/PM and is located south of Reah Tahra in Ultima Thule of FFXIV: Endwalker
• Rarefied Annite: harvestable from 10-12 AM/PM and is located south of The Twelve Wonders in Elpis
As for crafters, the Culinarian offers one of the best recipes for farming Purple Scrips — the Rarefied Sykon Bavarois. To craft this Collectable, players will need the following ingredients:
• Fire Crystal x8
• Water Crystal x8
• Sykon x1
• Gelatin x1
• Ovibos Milk x1
• Palm Sugar x3
2. Where to get Giant Pumpkins in Final Fantasy XIV?
Once FFXIV players have 15 or more Purple Scrips, they can trade with NCPs located in any one of the location coordinates below to obtain Giant Pumpkins in Final Fantasy XIV.
• Eulmore at X:11.5, Y:10.7
• Idyllshire at X:5.7, Y:7.0
• Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks at X:6.0, Y:11.9. These coordinates are nearby the start of the Sage Questline in FFXIV.
• Mor Dhona at X:22.4, Y:6.7
• Old Gridania at X:14.1, Y:9.1
• Old Sharlayan at X:4.9, Y:9.3
• Radz-at-Han at X:11.5, Y:9.5
• Rhalgr's Reach at X:9.9, Y:12.5
• The Crystarium at X:9.8, Y:8.5
• The Firmament at X:14.2, Y:12.6
• The Ruby Sea at X:28.3, Y:15.3
• Ul'dah Steps of Thal at X:14.2, Y:10.8
How to Use Giant Pumpkins?
Giant Pumpkins are used in two recipes that increase stats. One recipe is Pumpkin Ratatouille which temporarily gives you increased Critical Hit, Vitality, and Skill Speed. The other recipe is Pumpkin Potage, which temporarily increases determination, Vitality, and Critical Hit. Of course, both food items give the temporary three percent EXP boost.
That is how to get and use Giant Pumpkins in Final Fantasy XIV. For more Final Fantasy XIV guides, news, and to get the cheapest FF14 Gil, please visit the news pages of ffxiv4gil.com.